Tuesday, October 13, 2009

This weekend

This past weekend, Cameron and I visited his sister Ashley and her husband Doug in north Virginia (about 3 hours away). They came with us to an Apple Festival in Charlottesville, at the Carter Mountain Orchard. That was pretty cool. We got to pick apples straight off the trees. We also took a hayride and bought some apple butter and such novelties from the "country store" there. Haha. Without further ado, here are some pictures. :)

A view of the vineyards/orchards at Carter Mountain Orchard
Cameron and me when we first got to the orchardHeading out to pick apples-Ashley, Doug, and me, and Cameron was taking the picture.
Cameron and me with a view of the orchard
APPLES!!! We picked those.
Cameron climbed a tree to get the good apples. Haha.So did Doug.
Doug and Ashley on the hayrideCameron and me on the hayride

I don't even know how many pounds of apples we picked, but I think it was like 17 or something. I have a feeling I'll be making lots of applesauce in the near future. Haha. Cameron's been eating them, and I'll at a few for snacks, but holy moly. That was a good many apples. Haha. Too bad I don't have an oven or I would bake some cobbler or pie or something. Sigh. Oh well.

We're plugging along on our house. We have done almost everything the bank needs us to do, so we're mostly just waiting on the banks and VA to do their thing. Here's hoping the closing will be SOOOOOON. The latest we should be closing, supposedly, is November 12th. We're hoping for sooner though. Hotel rooms are not my friend. Haha.

Other than that...we're just waiting around for the house. Hope you're all doing well. I'll update more when I know more. :)

No comments: