Friday, October 9, 2009

One step closer

Cameron and I have now been officially given money to buy a house, and have gone through our house inspection. Now we are working on all the closing stuff, hoping to be done soon. Obviously we still have a while till that will happen, but at least it's on its way. :)

The inspection of the house went well. There were about...3 things wrong with it. Haha. And it was all reallllly minor stuff, so no big deal. Which means...less complications for us. :) Very good. There are a few cosmetic things we want to do, as there would be with pretty much any house, but that is minor too. So we're getting really excited. :)

I had lunch with a few of the wives from the ship yesterday. That was fun. It is still amazing to me how friendly and welcoming everyone is. So this command should be great. :) At least I'm hoping so anyway. But things are looking great so far.

Cameron is really enjoying his job on the ship up to this point. He has also been given some great opportunities to further his career, so that's great. It appears his leadership has great expectations for him, and they are really trying to get him off to a great start. Which is...pretty much polar opposite of the last command. Haha. Anyway, all that to say...things are going well so far. :)

I guess that's about all for now. Hope you're all doing well!

No comments: