Moses hasn't quite warmed up to her yet. Because Miriam has been sick, we've had to keep them separated so he wouldn't catch anything from her, and since she's not vaccinated yet, so she wouldn't be at risk from him. But since she darts out the bathroom door any chance she gets, they've had a few brief encounters. The first couple times, Moses hissed at her when she got close. He was not a fan. And now, he kinda seems like he's annoyed by her, but not quite so antagonistic. With time, I'm sure they'll learn to tolerate each other. Scratch that. Moses will learn to tolerate her. Haha. She pretty much loves him at this point, I think.
We heard from our home lender today that the appraisal of our house has been completed, which was one of the last huge things that needed to be done before closing. Our title search and whatever goes along with that should be done next week sometime, and the underwriting of our loan should be done next week too. So...here's hoping closing will be on time, if not early. Early would be amazing. Just saying. Haha.Cameron is still enjoying his job. He really likes whatever he's doing. All I know is that he's part of the engineering department, leading the auxiliaries division, and that he basically has the biggest division, and deals with electronics, aircraft elevators, and pretty much anything "functioning" on the carrier. It's way over my non-Navy head, so you'll have to ask him if you want details. Haha. So far, though, he's been impressed with the quality of leadership and the type of leadership he's encountered, so that's been great, and a blessing after his last experience. He still seems to be impressing his superiors, which is also great, and he's actually training to be able to drive the ship at some point in the relatively near future. So kudos to him.
I am doing well also, and am still amazed at the difference in the command climate here as compared to his last ship. I'll be going to another FRG meeting this weekend, and I am impressed with how "in the loop" I already feel. I am ready to have a house to decorate and "nest" in. Haha. But other than that, things are going well.
We're hoping to be able to have an open house/Christmas party in our house in December sometime. That means I'll have to get crackin' majorly once we get moved in. Good thing I'm speedy Gonzales when it comes unpacking and setting up a house. Haha. It's all the decorating and painting and such that might take me a while. The command Christmas party will be in early December, and I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. It's supposed to be huge and taking up a whole hotel or some such nonsense, so I'm sure I'll have lovely stories to tell when it's done. Haha. Woohoo.
I guess that's about as much as I can cram into a blog post for now. I hope you're all doing well, and I'm sure I'll post again soon. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment