Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It is quickly approaching

I am amazed by how quickly time goes when you have something major to plan for and take care of (i.e. a move across the country). Granted, our time here in San Diego has gone rather quickly anyway, just because we didn't have long to be here in the first place. But time seems to have sped up lately.

Things are starting to fall into place, which is great. I know I poke fun at myself for planning so much, but doing all the legwork ahead of time really does make it a little easier to manage as the process proceeds. Things keep popping into my head, "oh, don't forget to take care of that." I'm sure I will forget SOMETHING and have to scurry around at the last minute to take care of it, but that should be kept to a minimum. I hope. haha.

Cameron has some major stuff going on at work as well. He should FINALLY be getting his SWO pin this week!!! We'll see if they keep their word this time, but I really think it'll happen. That is such a relief and a weight off his shoulders...well, it will be come Friday. Haha. He's also working on turning over all of his responsibilities slowly but surely on the ship. Everything he's been in charge of for the past two years has tobe passed on to someone else, which, to me, sounds like a big task. I think Cameron would concur. Haha.

We both still have a little while before anything really happens. But, I guess we're taking advantage of the fact that we actually HAVE the extra time this time. I am relishing the extra time. Haha. It's amazing how much I can do and prepare in over a month as opposed to a week or two. I'm loving it. :)

I guess that's about it for now. I'll continue to update as things progress. I hope you're all doing well!

No comments: