Well, hello. Cameron and I are doing pretty well. He's been home just about a month now. I can't believe that. It doesn't quite seem like it's been that long. Holy moly. Anyway...he's started up his second class in seminary, New Testament 2. :) He did New Testament 1 last semester. Yippee for seminary.
I am still working at home on my online job, and hoping that they'll let me continue to do it in California. I am also still working on my online store (linked to the right), although I will honestly say I haven't done much since Cameron got home. Oops. But i'll get back into it eventually. Thanks to all of you who have supported me up this point in my endeavor by purchasing pieces. :)
Our newest and biggest development is all this moving stuff. When we found out the time frame for Cameron's ship to move, we realized there was a problem. Let me try to explain...
Cameron has orders to this command until September this year. The ship is moving March/April-ish. So when he gets to San Diego, he will only be there with this command for a few months. Because of that, the Navy wasn't going to pay for me to move out there-not cost effective. No fun, but whatever. We couldn't change it. Well, Cameron decided to try to extend with this command so that he would meet the time requirement to have the Navy move me out there, which is a year. So he put in the request, several months ago, while deployed, and thought all was well.
Fast forward to last week. Cameron found out that his extension was not approved for various reasons. Great. So now, he is still up for orders in Sept, and the Navy still won't pay for us to move. Sooo...we're now trying to scrounge up Plan B, since we thought Plan A was a done deal until last week. Sigh. We're working on it, but are not entirely sure what we're gonna do. Cameron is going to try to get new orders to San Diegoin Sept, so they can cut the orders earlier, and have the Navy move me out there around May. Until then...we still have to be out of our house by the first week of March, so we're working on putting our stuff into storage, after which I will go stay with my parents till Cameron arrives in San Diego, and then we''ll try to find a pre-furnished apt in San Diego temporarily. It all seems a little crazy (maybe cause it is? Hmm...), and we're both a little perturbed by the whole mess. But anyway-it will all work out and we'll be fine. But in the meantime...prayers would be good. :)
Having said all of that, we're kind of wrapping up our time here in Corpus. It's bittersweet. We've had some good times here, and we'll miss certain things and certain people. But we're also excited to move on to something new. Once all the chaos settles down, it'll be fun, I'm sure. Or at least new and interesting, right? :) Haha. I hope you're all doing well. Feel free to comment or email me or whatever. I would love to hear from all of you. :) I'll update more when I can. God Bless!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HI you two. Having had some experience with Naval Movements...or lack thereof, I can certainly sympathize with your situation. No advice, just lots of prayer and prayer partners. This is one of those times when God will hold you in His arms, even if the Navy wont.
As for San Diego, that's my backyard. I grew up on there, I also met Robert there (Squid and all). I think you will love it once you can settle in. The climate is very temperate, and you might find yourself getting really spoiled by it. The tougher thing about California is finding a GOOD Church home so start praying NOW about one. I know you don't know where you will land, but God does and He will already have a place ready for you.
If I can answer any questions for you, please just email me.
Love to you both, keep in touch and we will be praying for you.
Post a Comment