Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Everleigh Rose

Well, I've been talking a good bit about Everleigh, our anxiously awaited little girl coming in February, on my other blog (http://ourcarolinegrace.blogspot.com) because pregnancy after a loss is...unique. I just realized that I haven't really talked about Everleigh at all on this blog, so I decided to remedy that.

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant (31 tomorrow!). In a nutshell, this has been my pregnancy:
-Found out in late May we were expecting. -Went to my first OB appointment on July 5
-Had a nuchal transluceny screen sonogram at 12 weeks to check for recurrence of anencephaly, and to check for other neural tube defects and anomalies. It was normal, which meant the baby was healthy.
-Had several other sonograms to monitor growth and to continue checking for any anomalies.
 -I was hospitalized in late September with a severe infection called pyelonephritis, which is basically a UTI that has spread up to the kidneys. I was treated and sent home, no damage done.
-I was hospitalized again in late October, this time for a less severe infection, but with more serious results. I was having the per-cursors to contractions and had dilated a small amount, so I was treated for the infection, then sent home on bed rest.
-After three weeks with no progression toward labor, and since everything else was stable, I was taken off bed rest.
-I have been tested and checked for labor immanency several times, just to make sure nothing is happening that isn't supposed to. So far so good.
-I wasn't able to go to my baby shower in Virginia, which would have been hosted and attended by my amazing friends, because I was on bed rest. We were all very bummed, but I'm looking forward to seeing them this spring for a "meet Everleigh" party after she's born.
-I was able to go through with my baby shower in Maryland, hosted and attended by my wonderful friends from my church, and a few others from other places. My mom and sisters were able to fly in for the weekend so they could attend with me. They surprised me with that little trip, but it was wonderful to have them here for it.

So...now. I am doing well at the moment, anticipating the continuance of the good news from now until Everleigh is born. I have some checks ups coming up (as do all women in their third trimesters), and I'm looking forward to hearing how our sweet girl is doing.

The farther along I get, the better I feel about everything. Since I went into preterm labor with Caroline, and then had all the issues with infections with this pregnancy, I've been very nervous about having Everleigh early. I'm now mostly out of the major danger zones, but I'd still like to carry to full term, obviously. The farther along I get, the better I feel about making it to term.

I'm hoping to get some maternity pics done later this week, and I'm looking forward to the Christmas holiday season. I may not be able to travel again this year, but we're going to make the best of it. :) Technology makes things much easier in that regard.

We're eagerly preparing for Everleigh's arrival. I am so anxious to meet her face to face. I've been working on getting her nursery ready, and it's starting to come together. I can't wait to get everything in place! I finished her quilt, and now I'm waiting for a friend to finish her baby bedding. Custom made and awesome. So excited. :)

I guess that's about all for now.  I'll try to update again soon.  Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments: