Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Moving Adventure

Most of you who read this blog know that Cameron and I move a lot. For those that didn't know that...we move a lot. Haha. We just "completed" our 5th move in 5 years. It's been a little nuts the past few years. :)

I say "completed" because we're in our new house but haven't received our stuff yet. It's still in the moving company's storage waiting for us to get our house. It will be here Saturday, and then the unpacking madness can begin. It's a good thing I actually kind of enjoy unpacking things in a new house. Haha.

We had a LOVELY experience getting our house this time. We purchased a home here in our new locale, and we were supposed to close two weeks ago. Let's just say that our lender dropped the ball and hadn't even sent our loan application to the underwriters on the day we were supposed to close, after being extremely non-communicative the entire process, and basically making a royal mess of the whole deal. So we fired the and went with another lender, who managed to get our loan closed in about a week, as quickly as legally possible. Haha. It worked out, but we ended up closing two weeks late, after a nightmare with the first lender, and finally got to "move in" to our house yesterday. Now we're waiting on our stuff to make the move complete. :)

Our cats have adjusted relatively well. Poor Moses has moved so many times now that he probably just rolls his eyes and wonders why we're uprooting him again. Miriam, on the other hand, has only moved this once, so she was rather confused. She managed to feel rather at home pretty quickly, however, even though they're still wandering around the empty house wondering why we're living there. Haha. I think they'll be fine once all our furniture and stuff arrives.

Cameron has adjusted to his new job well and is enjoying himself. I've enjoyed getting to know the area. I was completely and utterly lost the first few days. The roads here make NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. Luckily, after a few weeks of driving around, I'm beginning to get the hang of it, so it's all good. Now I can't wait to get all our stuff unpacked and begin LIVING again. It'll be great.

Thanks for keeping up with us. For those of you in our local area here, we'll probably have an open house sometime in the next couple months, so be on the look out. I hope you're all doing well! I'll update more when there's more to tell. Have a great day!

No comments: