I cannot believe it is March already. Holy moly. I'm pretty sure this month is going to be chock full of interesting happenings.
I KNOW there will be one exciting thing...I'll get a new niece! My sister is scheduled to be induced on the 8th. I'm SO excited to see what baby P will look like. She's been healthy and "normal" up to this point, so I'm anxiously awaiting her arrival, even if from afar.
The spouses from Cameron's command have been getting together a lot lately. The sailors have been very busy, so I guess we're all trying to fill the time. Haha. I've already been invited out to lunch or dinner several times, and I know I have a couple other get togethers coming up. I also have my first official board member FRG meeting this weekend. I'm finally being inducted (the Feb meeting was canceled due to weather) officially, although I've been helping out already. It should be fun.
Cameron is doing well. Like I mentioned, he's been very busy, but he is still rocking it. Haha. He was just recently told by his boss what a wonderful job he was doing, and that all the way up his chain of command he is being noticed. It's pretty incredible. :) I'm so proud of him and what he's doing. He has a written evaluation coming up pretty soon (they have one annually), and those "FITREPS" as they are called, go in your file and can determine promotions later on down the road, can help you get better orders, etc. He should be getting a GREAT one, so I'm excited for him. I hope it makes the stress he's under at work a little more managable, knowing that his hard work is being noticed and praised.
This past Wednesday, I got our kitten Miriam spayed and declawed. She is still having to be confined and kept "quiet" so she doesn't mess up any wounds or anything. It is killing me. Haha. She hates being locked up, and she CRIES for a long time every time I shut the door. I try to go in there often and pet her and entertain her for a little while, but it's so hard for her to not be able to run around and be a kitten. I will be happy when she can be "normal" again. She also can't have any toys, because that would rip up her newly declawed paws, so she's bored out of her mind too. haha. Poor thing. I think Moses is kind of beginning to wonder why she's not torturing him all day long. Haha. He's been pretty extra cuddly with me the past few days. Silly kitties.
I guess that's about it for now. I'm sure I'll have lovely stories from all my get togethers and meetings and such this coming week. Hope you all have a great week. :)
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment