Ok, so...we found a church here. We had been going to a ginormous church not too far from our apartment but just felt kinda lost and disconnected. So we started looking again. We found a fun little church called "the fellowship of san diego" that we like. It's a little church, kinda reminds me of FCOD, but a little bigger. The pastor and his wife are transplants from NC and TX, so we feel very at home with them. Haha. Anyway...I went to a Bible Study thing tonight with some ladies from the church...tonight wasn't really a Bible Study so much as a meet everybody night so next week we can actually study. Haha. I think it'll be fun. The ladies are all hilarious. It's been a while since I've been a part of a Bible Study type deal that I wasn't leading, and I think this will be good for me. Not that I mind leading, but sometimes it's good to just be a part of the group and renew and refresh yourself instead of focusing on making sure you're doing everything other people need you to, if that makes sense. I know you always learn if your heart is open and willing, but there is a distinct difference in leading as opposed to participating. I think this short season of participating will be good for me so I can start leading again whenever the time comes for that.
Cameron left again today for another underway. He was pulling the ship out again today, so I hope it went well. :) I'm sure it did. He did fine last time, so I'm sure he'll do fine again. I miss him as usual, but he'll be back soon and I'll be happy. Haha.
I don't really have a whole lot to update today. Just thought I'd let you know a little bit. Trying to keep my once a week updates coming, even if there's not much to them :) More to come next week, or whenever something interesting happens. :)
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment