Ok, well, nothing extremely exciting from me today, but I do have some good news for Cameron.
Cameron took his OOD board today (a board where he is tested about his knowledge about being an officer of the deck). He did well and passed, which means he is now qualified to be the officer of the deck while underway, or out on the water. what that means is that he can pretty much be the captain's stand-in while on watch; driving the ship, making decisions, etc. It's not entirely a stand-in, as some things would be escalated to teh captain obviously, but it's a big deal. It's one of the most challenging qualification to receive, and he did. :) Next week, and for 3 weeks, he'll be at SWOS (surface warfare officer school) which is one of the last steps for him to go through before being an official, qualified, pinned on SWO. So really, today was a pretty big day. I'm very proud of him. You should be too. :) Haha.
Anyway, that's really the only news I have at the moment. I hope you're all doing well. I'll update more later. :)
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment