Friday, August 15, 2008

The bird

Ok, so here's the background.

I think we have a birds' nest in our chimney. I don't know how, but I think we do. You can sit in my living room and hear birds chirping occasionally. It's actually really weird. But we have birds all around outside our house, so I always just thought they were...well...around. So anyway. For the past few weeks, it seemed like they got louder in the chimney. So that's why I think there's a nest.

So I woke up yesterday morning, walked into my living room to start my work, and...there was a baby bird sitting on my fireplace screen. Yes. On it. Inside my house. So to save it from my hunting cat, and to get the thing out of my house, I just took the whole screen outside. That little bird was mad at me. Very mad. He stayed on that screen all day. I don't think he could fly yet. So I put the screen in the middle of my backyard, hoping the mama bird would find it. Haha. It hopped off and got on tree. So I hope he survived. It was so weird. So now I gotta figure out who to call to get these crazy birds out of my chimney. My life never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey Emily! I got to your blog from Allison's! Anyway, the exact same thing has happened to Casey and I twice! Except at the time we didn't have a screen so we had two different times where we found actual big birds in our house! Once in our bedroom, and once in our living room. It was CRAZY! We got them out by building a fire in our chimney. That was mean, but it had to be done. Then we finally bought a chimney cap so that they can't get in there anymore...just thought I'd relate to you a bit!